The rhubarb slush is a new way to enjoy classic flavors from the garden.
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2 cups Ackerman Rhubarb Wine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 – 12oz thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- 2 liters 7-up
- In a saucepan, combine rhubarb, wine, and sugar; bring to a boil
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender
- Cool for 30 minutes
- In a food processor or blender, puree mixture half at a time
- Stir in lemonade concentrate
- Pour into a freezer container; cover and freeze until firm
- Let stand at room temp for about 15 minutes
- Add 7-Up, stir and serve immediately
Commonly referred to as Piestengle by locals, this unique wine tastes like liquid rhubarb pie. The Iowa grown rhubarb is crafted into a sweet wine that finishes with the tartness one would expect to find in this versatile plant.